Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden dead now what

The news from US president Barack Obama about killing of Osama Bin Laden, the mastermind of 9/11 attacks became a real celebration for most Americans. The president declared it as the fulfillment of justice. I quite agree with that. The 9/11 event caused a lot of pain not only for United States, but for the whole world. It is right when people who organize these awful crimes get what they sow. 

However, one thing worries me. The wars in Afghanistan, Iraq (that followed 9/11 attack) and now Libya has created a lot of enemies for United States and the Western world. I am afraid that by fighting these wars we created a lot more “Bin Ladens” that would want to organize attacks similar to 9/11. I hope it does not happen, but if we take into account words that Gaddafi said, that he will take the war to our cities and towns, then this victory (death of Bin Laden) is only a short term one.  Who knows who will rise instead of him. 

But yes, I am happy that justice comes. I would want more of other means for solving conflicts than are being used now. Maybe we would have fewer enemies now. 

Read my previous posts:

Is winning a lottery a blessing or a…
Google Earth Online
Make Google My Homepage 

No comments:

Post a Comment